You want to crush it in real estate investing. But you also want fun, adventure, and time for yourself and your loved ones. Can you have both? Our guest today says, “YES!”
Jesse Itzler is a serial entrepreneur who’s worn a lot of hats: rapper, founder of a private jet company (sold to Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway), partner in a coconut water venture (sold to Coca-Cola), ultra-marathoner, and part-owner of the Atlanta Hawks.
Jesse shares his plan for 4x-ing your productivity, what he learned from living with a Navy SEAL (and writing a book about it!), and why investors must learn to “fall in love with the process,” rather than the product. You’ll learn his trick for scheduling memorable experiences and why you should develop your own “happiness meter.”
Oh, and stick around to hear Jesse’s hilarious story about performing in front of 600,000 people—and forgetting the words. This show is packed with wise counsel for anyone who is or wants to be a hard-charging entrepreneur, but also craves more balance and bliss. Download this episode, and share it with a friend or family member who would enjoy it! When you do, tag us on Twitter (@jrdorkin, @brandtonatBP, @biggerpockets) or Instagram (@jrdorkin, @beardybrandon, @biggerpockets)!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Sharestates offer investors direct access to real estate investments through their online marketplace – with typical net annualized returns between 8-12%. Their projects are thoroughly assessed with their 34-point scoring matrix – minimizing the risk to investors and cost of capital to borrowers. Start with as little as $1,000.
Visit biggerpockets.com/sharestates to learn more!
Deep Dive SponsorIf you’ve been thinking about getting a SimpliSafe – Home Security System, but have been
waiting for the holidays when all the tech deals come out—you’ve made a smart move! If you go to SimpliSafe.com/biggerpockets you’ll get 25% off any new system. That’s an amazing deal.
They rarely do anything like this but they’re doing it just for us!
Fire Round SponsorA huge thanks as well to our sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Jesse Itzler’s backstory
- The moment of the most happiness -41 bucks story!
- How to measure happiness with the “Happiness Meter”
- The “3-Hour Rule”
- What Kevin’s Rule is and why you should create “moments”
- Advice for making the most of life
- Why you should think through: What do I want to be known for in the next 5 years?
- How to reach out to people who you aspire to meet
- His advice on growing multiple business
- A way to redefine failure
- The Misogi
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “If you have health, you have hope. If you have hope, you have everything.” (Tweet This!)
- “In most areas of our life, there’s a way to measure almost everything.” (Tweet This!)
- “As we get older, it’s very hard to create newness.” (Tweet This!)
- “If it’s not important to you, it’s not going to happen.” (Tweet This!)
- “People buy into stories more than products.” (Tweet This!)
- “As a parent, praise your kids’ effort, not the result.” (Tweet This!)
- “Money is fun to make, fun to spend, and fun to give away.” (Tweet This!)