Fast-forward to adulthood. He knew he should be investing, but he wasn’t sure what to do exactly.
With no outstanding consumer debt, he was ahead of his peers. But his savings rate was miniscule.
Both he and his wife were contributing to their 401(k) plans—certainly a good move. However, they were missing out on some pretty massive growth by investing in a money market account instead of the stock market.
Scott queued up the latest Tim Ferriss podcast episode. He heard a story about how a guy and his family lived on around $25K a year. The guy was from Colorado and called himself Mr. Money Mustache. And just like that, Scott’s life was transformed.
Financial freedom became his new passion. Although it took some time to get his wife on board, they’ve now completely reset their lives.
If you’re looking for ways to talk to your spouse about financial freedom, THIS is an absolute MUST-LISTEN episode!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
The all-new FreshBooks is accounting software that makes running your small business easy, fast and secure. Spend less time on accounting and more time doing the work you love.
For a 30-day unrestricted trial, go to FreshBooks.com/bpmoney
In This Episode We Cover:
- Scott’s journey with money
- How he started making money
- The advantages and disadvantages of living in a military base
- The reason he ended up living in San Diego with his wife
- How he discovered financial independence
- The reason they never accumulated consumer debt
- His recommendation on how to track your spending
- How he manages his personal finances
- The steps he took to convince his wife to pursue financial independence
- The importance of happiness when pursuing financial independence
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “The FI journey is all relative to each individual and it’s flexible.” (Tweet This!)
- “Anything worth doing is gonna have some obstacles, it’s gonna have some pain, it’s gonna have some learning and you’re gonna have failure to succeed.” (Tweet This!)
- “It is not about spreadsheets. This is about happiness. This is about time. This is about freedom.” (Tweet This!)
- “Cutting back isn’t fun until it is.” (Tweet This!)