BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation, and Holidays.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Regional Manager
SCOPE: Manage and maintain 53 Senior Housing units at 11 various site locations throughout Santa Clara County (residential shared housing properties), and Belovida Santa Clara 27 senior housing units. Maintains property rentals by marketing and filling vacancies; negotiating and enforcing leases; conducting house meetings, maintaining and securing premises in accordance with SHS policies and procedures, Santa Clara County Housing Authority mandates, Charities Housing regulations, jurisdictional partners and HUD funding requirements.
Receives direct supervision from the Regional Manager and may receive direction from higher level positions. Provides general supervision to the Maintenance, Janitorial and emergency contacts and may provide general supervision to lower level positions.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. BA degree is desirable.
Experience: Must have prior property management experience with no less than 2 years at a tax credit property. A minimum of three years’ experience performing on-site property management and clerical duties as a Community Manager and/or Assistant Community Manager; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. TCAC experience required.
Ability: Must show ability to keep records, demonstrate supervisor qualities, and enjoy working with others.
Attitude: Must be self-motivated, cooperative, personable, and empathetic to human needs.
Organization: Must be well organized and have the ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities, ability to multi task, and deal with people and work in a fast-paced office environment.
Languages: English/Spanish Bilingual a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following duties are normal for this position but are not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates and negotiating with the Housing Authority to ensure subsidies represent market changes.
- Maintains and administers waiting list. Shows units to prospective tenants, explains Senior Housing Solutions Residence Procedure or Belovida’ screening and processing procedure and or Tenant Selection Criteria and provides applicants with necessary materials for leasing.
- Administer and review criminal/credit background checks on all applicants and determine eligibility of each applicant.
- Conducts initial and annual recertification for all Belovida Santa Clara residents and or applicants.
- Processes all applications; forwards approved applicants to the Housing Authority for Project Based subsidized units (when applicable).
- Keep tenant files, and Yardi ledgers up to date.
- Submits weekly and monthly operations reports to Regional Supervisor and corporate staff and Director of Property Management as requested or required.
- Conducts move in and move out inspections, prepares turnovers in a timely manner and document all activity in tenant file, communicate with Housing Authority (PBV units only) and all other parties involved on notices to vacate and when units are vacated.
- Works with our designated attorney on unlawful detainers (evictions) when applicable after notifying and receiving approval from the Regional Supervisor.
- Accomplishes financial objectives through timely rent collections, approving work orders, forecasting building improvement, participating in preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Maintaining Tenant Retention and investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing the lease agreement and house rules, conduct house (tenant) meetings, inspect and scheduling repairs, to vacant/occupied or common areas of the properties.
- Review and negotiate vendor proposals and contracts.
- Insure that security and fire & safety devices are properly maintained and up-to-date, establish and enforce precautionary policies & procedures and respond to emergencies.
- Document lease violations and issue appropriate notice to tenants including but not limited to termination notices while always adhering to Fair Housing standards.
- Collects operational data, prepares reports for management and City jurisdictions, and meets with in house auditors and annual city staff auditors as required.
- Ensures payables and rents are up to date in Yardi.
- Maintains property files in compliance with the affordable housing programs applicable to the property.
- Driving or ability to travel between different locations in Santa Clara County.
- Computer and telephone use; sitting at desk for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift/move/carry up to and including 50 pounds.
**Selected candidate will be required to live onsite.**
Looking to make an immediate hire. This position will remain open until it has been filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates, we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
If interested, please reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following (in pdf form):
1. E-mail title should read ” BESA Property Manager”
2. A cover letter — send as an attachment
3. A copy of your resume — send as an attachment
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation will be provided.