- Set specific goals for today. Think about dreams. This practice will hone your execution ability, and motivates you throughout the morning. Remember that no one cares about your success more than you do!
2. Drink lots of water to wake your body and stay hydrated. Caffeine should not be an absolute must with enough sleep; however, coffee is also full of antioxidants which are good for inflammation and cancer. Have a low carbohydrate, but high protein breakfast if you can afford. This is good for maintaining steady blood sugar and high energy level (fullness) thoughout the morning. For examples, simple carbohydrates are various form of sugars you should avoid, excluding the natrually occuring ones like fruits or milk. Complex carbohydrates are starches and fibers in the forms of read, beans, corn, or rice. Proteins on the other end breaks down to amino acids instead of sugar after digestion, so it’s a longer lasting energy source. 30 grams of protein is recommanded for each morning like below:
3. Exercise and stretch before gravity crushing on your joints again, but without draining too much energy for the morning.
4. Guarantee at least 3 hours of high quality work. Make it absolutely productive on the utmost important matter, rather than just above average productivity. The hours one can physically be in the ‘flow state’ will get less and less over the years. Plus, you need the other hours for ‘more important’ things like family, study, recovery and creativity. Genius ideas are more likely to occur in a relaxed fasion instead of sitting on a non-ergonomic computer chair while focusing on the problem. When you are getting high quality recovery, you are growing in all aspects. Statistics from the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) shows countries with fewer work hours are generating more GDP in 2017 and 2018 (graph 1–1 and 1–2). The trending phenomenon is that people are going to work less hours, yet generating more GDP per work hour (graph 2–1 and 2–2). After all this is not saying we should not struggle. The point is about scaling your work.
5. Another implication about above plots is getting paid on results not time. When time and money are linearly related, there will be no way to grow your wealth exponentially. Even worse, the line will plateau over time, leaveing you less income compared with time.
6. Finally, make reading a habit in the morning and throughout the day. That actually loops back to the very first point of this article. Reading powers greater goals.